Chikoo & Nuts Thick Shake (Vegan & Sugar-Free)2020-04-15
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 4 Glasses
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
23 people rated this recipe
Chikoo fruit is also known as Sapodilla, Sapota or Naseberry. My version of classic fresh Chikoo fruit thick shake is vegan and sugar-free. When chikoo fruit is combined with wonderful nuts and seeds like almond, walnuts, chia, etc., it makes Milkshake extremely satisfying, filling and yummy. Fresh Chikoo fruit is naturally sweet as it contains the natural fructose and sucrose that gives the body a lot of energy.
Sapodilla fruit is a storehouse of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It is loaded Vitamin A, E and C, which are great for skin health. Chikoo is also a good source of minerals like potassium, copper, iron and vitamins like folate, niacin and pantothenic acid, which helps with optimal health. Sapota fruit is high in dietary fiber, which aids in proper bowel movement.
This delicious chikoo milkshake can be an excellent breakfast or afternoon cooling drink on hot summer days.
- 4 big – Chikoo fruit, washed, pitted and diced. (I prefer fresh fruit but you can use frozen too)
- 12 pieces- Almonds
- 4 Whole – Walnuts
- 4 pieces – Cashews
- 2 tablespoon – Hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoon – Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon – Pumpkin seeds (Optional)
- 2 pieces – Dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoon – Oats
- 2 cups – Filter Water
Soaking Nuts: In a container, soak all the nuts overnight for an extra creamy texture. Next day morning, wash all the nuts properly and peel the almond skin.
Soaking Seeds: In another container, soak all the seeds, along with dates and oats with 1 cup of drinking water. Soak it for an hour or even overnight or until everything plumps-up and softens.
In a Vitamix or any high-speed blender add one glass of water, along with washed & skin peeled nuts, soaked seeds with water. Blend it on high speed until thick and milky texture.
Now add chopped chikoo to the blender and pulse it to combine well with milk mixture.
Garnish this fresh chikoo thick-milk shake with chopped chikoo pieces. Serve it cool. Enjoy
- Nuts & Seeds: You can use your choice of nuts and seeds. Make sure to soak it overnight for thick creamy texture along plenty of health benefits.
- Dates: You can skip dates if you don’t want extra sweetness or are diabetic.
- Fruit Options: You can substitute chikoo fruit with any seasonal fruit like Mango, Berries or even bananas tastes equally good.