Tomato Carrot Beetroot Soup2018-01-05
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
15 people rated this recipe
This Tomato Carrot Beetroot Soup is sweet, tart and amazing hearty. This soup tastes creamy and healthy too. It’s warm, cozy and quick comforting soup.
This is a very simple soup for people on diet; and is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, Fiber, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and other minerals.
- 2 – Tomato, diced
- 1 – Beetroot, peeled and diced
- 2 – Carrot, peeled and diced (I prefer red Indian carrot instead of orange carrots)
- 1 small – Bottle Gourd, peeled and diced
- Sea salt to taste (I have used Himalayan Pink Salt)
- 1 teaspoon – cumin (or cumin powder)
- 500 ml – Water
- 1 teaspoon – Salted Butter (or unsalted), optional
- Parsley or Basil or dried Oregano
In the pre-heated pressure cooker, add diced tomatoes, beetroot, carrots and bottle gourd. Add water and close the pressure cooker. Cook for two whistles. Will take around 10 mins
Once cool, take it out and blend it well to a smooth paste using Vitamix for that smooth and creamy effect. You can also use handheld blend or any other blender; in that case, strain it through a sieve.
Heat a pot; add little butter and cumin seeds. Let cumin roast for a while or till it turns dark brown.
Now add the red puree, salt, pepper and let it boil for 5 mins.
Adjust seasoning to taste. Also adjust the consistency by adding more water, if needed.
Serve this soup hot with some butter and fresh parsley or basil on top. Or, you can also add swirls of yogurt instead of butter.
- In case if you do not have a pressure cooker, you can cook using instant pot or a simple pan. Boil water and vegetables in a pot with a closed lid.
- Bottle gourd substitute: Use 1 extra tomato and 1 extra carrot
- Bottle gourd is extremely healthy and good for people on diet and trying to lose weight
- For Vegans: You can also drizzle Olive oil on top instead of butter
- You can also add fresh cream for richer creamy taste.
- If you are using Vitamix, you can save time by adding full vegetables inside a pressure cooker instead of chopped.