- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 8m
- Cook Time : 15m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
18 people rated this recipe
This Spicy Tofu tastes amazing and is full of flavors. A quick and most loved appetizer and is best for the party menu. It is a healthy, vegan yet very tasty appetizer. Health-conscious people will love eating this as it contains essential amino acids, protein, minerals, and vitamins.
- 1 pack – firm tofu, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 6 clove – Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch – Ginger, grated
- ½ cup – Onions, finely chopped
- 3 – Scallions, chopped
- ½ cup – Green and Red pepper, diced (Optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon – sesame seed oil
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon – Tamari or Soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon – Salt
- 1 teaspoon – maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon – Hot pepper flakes (adjust the spice level as per your taste)
- ½ teaspoon – Apple Cider Vinegar or regular white vinegar
- ½ cup – water
In a flat pan, add oil and pan fry tofu each size for about 5 mins or until lightly brown.
Take out the tofu and keep it on a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil. Keep this tofu aside for later use.
In the same pan add oil, ginger, garlic and onion. Sauté until light brown.
Now, in a separate bowl mix all the ingredients listed for sauce. Mix it well to dissolve everything
Add the sauce mix to the pan and let it some to a boil. Then add the fried tofu.
Cook tofu till it absorbs the liquid/sauce. Add green and red peppers and let it look for a min. Turn off the flame
Plate the tofu, garnish it with sesame oil, sesame seeds, basil leafs and scallions. Serve and enjoy it hot.