Basic Eggless Vanilla Cake2018-03-14
- Skill Level: Easy, Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 12 Cupcakes
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
Average Member Rating
(4.9 / 5)
22 people rated this recipe
This vanilla cake is a full-proof eggless recipe which tastes extremely delicious, and moist. This buttery flavor, light, and soft texture vanilla cake can be baked to celebrate any occasion. To make this cake look beautiful and tasty, top it with the luscious frosting of your choice. Same vanilla cake batter can be used to make different variations and flavors. You can also use the same recipe to make a big birthday cake or cupcakes or a Bundt cake.
This is an easy cake recipe, does not require machine or mixer to bake. No egg replacer powder is used for this recipe. This can be easily converted into a vegan cake, please replace dairy products with the substitutions mentioned below. Here is my perfect eggless vanilla cake recipe.
- 1 ½ cup – All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon – Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon –Baking Powder
- A pinch of salt
- 250 ml – Sweetened Condense milk (or less as per your taste) OR ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup – Unsalted Butter, melted, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon – Pure Vanilla Extract (or more as per your taste)
- 1 tablespoon – White Vinegar
- ½ cup – Milk, room temperature (or buttermilk)
- 2 tablespoon – Warm Milk
Pre-heat oven to 350F / 180C. Line a 12 count medium size muffin tray with cupcake liners or grease all sides of the cake tin and place parchment paper
In a bowl, sift together all dry ingredients and whisk well. Make a well in the centre of the mix and set aside
Meanwhile, mix all wet ingredient in a cup and set aside 5 minutes while it curdles.
Now, add wet ingredients into a dry mix and whisk well (preferably using a whisk). Make sure to whisk in one direction to create air and light batter. This will make fluffy cake. NOTE: do not over mix it. Stop whisking once everything is well combined.
Add reserved warm milk to the batter and whisk it one last time, this extra step will make cake extra soft and moist. Pour the batter in the prepared tray/tin/pan and tap the pan to even it out and break the air bubbles
Bake it for 15 minutes (for cupcakes) and 25-30 minutes (for a big pan cake). Test the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready. If it doesn’t come out clean bake this cake for 3 more minutes
Turn off the oven, remove the cake from oven and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely. In case of cupcake let them cool on the wire rack and for a pan/tin let it cool inside the pan for 2-3 minutes and then unmould the cake onto wire rack
Top this cake with some cream or fruits or ice cream or chocolate sauce or your favourite frosting and enjoy!
- Milk: Can use any kind of milk – Evaporated, whole or 2% or non-dairy for vegans. Alternatively, you can also use buttermilk.
- Melted Butter: Use oil for vegan cake or any non-dairy melted butter
- White Vinegar: Can use apple cider vinegar
- Condense Milk: 1 cup Ripe banana or Apple Sauce along with 2 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla extract: use 1 pod of vanilla beans
- Frosting Recipe coming soon
- Stay tuned for HEALTHY VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE and SUGARLESS cake recipes
posted by Abhi on March 16, 2018
I have tasted all these variations. Yumm…
posted by shraddha on March 16, 2018