Broccoli Mushroom Spaghetti in Red Sauce2018-02-16
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
Average Member Rating
(4.6 / 5)
20 people rated this recipe
This super easy spaghetti is so delicious and satisfying. It is loaded with vegetables and is ready in no time. It can be on a quick main course menu when entertaining. This spaghetti is cooked using home-made red sauce which makes it even tastier.
It is a balanced meal containing vegetables and whole grain spaghetti which are a great source of fiber, vitamins, carbohydrates etc.
- ½ pounds – Whole Wheat Spaghetti or Gluten-Free Pasta, cooked. “How to cook Pasta” – Get the full recipe here.
- 6 – Fresh Mushrooms, washed and sliced (Use your choice of mushroom)
- 10-12 florets – Fresh Broccoli, washed and cut
- ¼ cup – Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup – Home-made Red Pasta Sauce- Click here to read the full recipe
- 3 tablespoon – Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cloves – fresh garlic, finely minced
- 4 large leaves of fresh basil, tear into pieces
- 1 tablespoon – Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon – Red Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- For garnishing: Fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook just until it starts to brown, stirring constantly.
Now add red chilli flakes and onion. Sauté onion until it becomes translucent. Add mushrooms and broccoli and sauté for few seconds.
Now add cooked spaghetti, home-made red pasta sauce, and seasonings. Add reserved pasta stock if it looks too dry. Cook for 5 minutes until pasta absorbs flavour.
Add cheese and let it melt for few seconds. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with basil; tossing to combine.
Garnish it with fresh parsley and some more pepper and cheese. Serve it hot. Enjoy!
- Variation: You can load up with any vegetables of your choice. I usually add whatever is available in the fridge.
- You can also use your choice of pasta (Penne, fusilli, fettuccine etc.)
- You can also try different types of cheese for different flavour
- Vegan Option: Add vegan cheese instead of regular cheese
- Read on how to make home-made Red sauce recipe