Stuffed Bell Pepper2018-02-07
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
17 people rated this recipe
This vegetarian appetizer is full of flavours and very satisfying. It is easy to make and you can add your choice of spices and vegetables. These baked stuffed peppers are loaded with protein, veggies and healthy grains; and this makes it a perfectly nutritious, healthy and balanced appetizer.
- 4 – Red/Green bell pepper or mixed colors, washed, seeded and halved
- 1 cup – Quinoa
- ¼ cup – Black beans, cooked
- 1 – Onions, finely chopped
- 1 – Tomato, diced
- ¼ cup – Black Olives
- 1 cup – Leftover cooked rice (or 1 – Potato, boiled, peeped and messed)
- 4 clove – Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup – Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup – Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon – Tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon – hot sauce (Sriracha)
- 1 Tablespoon – Italian herbs
- ½ Teaspoon – Red chilli flakes
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking dish with a parchment paper/foil and oil the sheet.
Cooking quinoa: In a saucepan, mix quinoa with 2 cups of water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. It will take approx. 15 mins.
Meanwhile, heat olive in a skillet; cook garlic, chilli flakes, and onion until fragrant and slightly translucent.
Then add rice or boiled messed potatoes, diced tomatoes, black beans and cooked quinoa. Add salt, black pepper, seasonings, hot sauce and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
Turn off the stove. Let the mixture cool down and then add olives and pepper jack cheese. Mix well.
Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity and sprinkle each pepper with cheese. Place stuffed peppers on a prepared baking dish, cavity side up. Bake until the peppers are tender, about 20-25 mins.
Serve it hot.