Fresh Strawberry Sauce / Compote
Strawberry sauce is a delicious blend of pureed strawberry and sugar. This fresh fruit sauce is packed with a lot of flavour with minimum effort. This beautiful red, thick sauce can transform even the simplest dessert into a special occasion dessert. This sauce can be used as a topping or filling for a cheesecake or can be added to ice creams, cake mix, layered custard or any dessert. Since the strawberry season is so short, you can make it in a big batch and preserve it in a freezer for later use.
Shelf life: at least 2-3 weeks in the fridge and 6 months in the freezer.
Gets ready in just 15 minutes.
- 1 pint – Fresh ripe strawberries, hulled and diced
- ¼ cup – Granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon – freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice (Optional)
- In a saucepan, heat strawberries and sugar together. Reduce heat, and simmer until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Keep stirring the mixture till strawberries are soft, about 5-8 minutes. Blend/ process this mixture until a thick sauce consistency. Let it cool down completely before storing.
- Use it fresh or store it in a mason jar in the refrigerator for later use.