This basic homemade whipped cream is easy and tasty. It can be used as a base for ice creams or can be a creamy topping for desserts. There are different stages while whipping a cream – Soft peaks, medium peaks and stiff peaks. It is very important to know what kind of whipped cream is needed for recipes.
If you under-whipped your cream it may fall apart or if you over-whipped your cream then it turns cream into butter. So it is better to whip little less and then gently fold the cream to make a perfectly whipped cream.
Note: Always use chilled 35% fat heavy cream for the perfectly whipped cream.
- 1 cup – Cold heavy whipping cream (35% fat)
- 1 tablespoon – Confectioner sugar
- ½ teaspoon – Vanilla extract or (your choice of flavouring like Almond extract etc.)
- In a large cooled bowl, pour heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Using a hand blender whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks forms, about 1-2 mins.
- Use it fresh or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later use.
- Use full-fat coconut cream instead of dairy cream. The procedure to make coconut whipped cream remains the same as dairy whipped cream.
- To whip up the cream easily and faster make sure to use chilled coconut cream.