Fresh Raspberry Compote / Sauce / Fruit Spread
Raspberry compote/sauce is a delicious blend of fresh raspberry and sweetener. This fresh fruit spread is sweet and tangy, perfect for a dessert topping or filling, layering cakes, crepe spread or topping on ice cream. This beautiful maroon thick & smooth sauce can transform even the simplest dessert into a special occasion dessert. You can make this fresh raspberry compote in a big batch and preserve it in the freezer for later use. It is ALL Natural ingredient recipe with NO Preservatives, requires 3 simple ingredients.
Shelf life: at least 1 week in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
Gets ready in just 15 minutes.
- 1 pint – Fresh raspberry, washed
- 2 teaspoon – Agave Plant-based sweetener or regular sugar or your choice of sweetener
- ½ teaspoon – Vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, heat raspberry and agave/sweetener together.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for about 5-8 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture until raspberries are soft and thick consistency.
- Strain the sauce to remove the seeds which will make this compote smooth and thick.
- Add vanilla extract to the sauce and mix well. Let it cool down completely before storing it.
- Use raspberry sauce fresh or store it in a mason jar in the refrigerator for later use.