Sweet & Spicy Corn Salad / Salsa2021-08-06
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
39 people rated this recipe
Sweet corn season is here, and there are many ways you can enjoy this sweet, fresh, seasonal corn kernels. I love to make corn salad, spicy sweet corn salsa, corn soup, corn curry or even simple roasted masala corn.
Here is a simple for colourful sweet corn salad or spicy corn salsa recipe which is not only delicious but loaded with nutrients. This plant based recipe is made 100% natural ingredients, without oil or sugar. You can enjoy this salsa throughout the year by freezing seasonal corn.
- 2 Cups – Organic Fresh Sweet Corn Kernels, boiled/steamed
- ½ Cup – Organic Grape Tomatoes, halved (I have used home grown red tomatoes)
- 1 Tablespoon – Jalapeño, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup – Organic Green Bell Pepper, diced
- ¼ Cup – English Cucumber, diced
- ¼ Cup – Onion, diced (Optional)
- ¼ Cup – Avocado, diced (Optional)
- ¼ Cup – Fresh Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon – Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 Tablespoon – Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon – Cayenne Pepper Powder
- Sea salt and freshly grounded black pepper, as per taste
Add all above ingredients to a big bowl and toss it well.
Serve this with fresh corn tortillas or baked veggie chips. Enjoy!